Tuesday, 15 December 2009


Firstly thanks for the positive comments I have received about restarting my ramblings, its always good to hear that people are getting entertained by my misfortunes.

Friday I had arranged to meet an ex workmate for lunch, so thought I would combine it with a bit of festive shopping. Unfortunately I slept in so it was a mad rush to get into Norwich on time. I had intended to reduce my carbon footprint by hopping on the bus, but unfortunately I darent risk being late, plus i wanted to shop in and out of town and the car was easier. The central carparks for the 2 Malls were full to overflowing, with huge queues, but I managed to park on the roof of a central one, and spent a while admiring the wonderful skyline of my home city, one or 2 pics to follow.

I headed for the shops with quite a jaunty air for about the first 50 yards, then slowed down considerably as the pain set in. First stop W H Smiths to get a book for mum for christmas, but they didnt have it in stock. Quick flit through British Home Stores (cos they have nice Loos), then into "Ladies Modes" to look for a bit of sparkly garb for christmas. Lots of sale rails but nothing I fancied, so i saved my christmas money for later, Final stop Poundland for loads of Terrys choc oranges, Cadburys buttons, Toblerone and 20 electronic lighters !!! great value, and i only spent £6.

Staggered up the hill to meet Sue for lunch, didnt recognise her with long hair, you looked great Sue, and so relaxed too x . Stuffed our faces at the eat as much as you can Chinese buffet, caught up on about a years worth of scandal, and had a thoroughally enjoyable time, made a new years resolution, I must make the effort to get out more.

Next stop was shopping on the outskirts of Norwich, since i am having such trouble sleeping I wanted to try a memory foam pillow, so bought 2, one for me and one for, yes you guessed, mum.

Remembered to buy some wrapping paper so started wandering back to the car, I cant believe how heavy those pillows were, the rolls of paper kept slipping down, my shoulder bag was dragging on the floor and i was wilting fast, after a short rest on one of the many benches that surround the square, and subbing one of the local vagrants for a cup of tea and donating him one of my newly acquired lighters (he probably wanted to flambe the meths on his christmas pud, bless) i staggered back to the car and went home to start wrapping, now where did i put that sellotape ?

Mums new bathroom was oficially finished (subject to inspection) on Friday. She got up on Saturday dreaming of sitting under a hot shower for the first time in over a month. There is a pull cord that you have to use before you can turn the shower on, but however hard she tried it would not pull, and she was scared that she might break it, so she rang the workman and he assured her it wouldnt bring the ceiling down, by this time she was dressed, so given up the idea. She managed eventually to get it on, then couldnt get it off !! She again rang him, and he said it was ok to leave it on, it wouldnt matter. Monday the building inspector turned up for the final check. He took one look at the pull cord, and said it was not right, and needed replacing, and the floor was a mess and would need to come up and be replaced AGAIN !!!!

Result is we should have been going to turkey and tinsel at the local garden centre today, and I am sitting here writing this, and poor old mum is sitting at home, with no heating again because the workman has turned the electricity off, and a wet room with no flooring. Well no one said it would be easy.


  1. john wayne not dead after all then.omg.poor mum.hope its sorted soon nina.glad you enjoyed shopping lol.take care,love mort xx

  2. Nina,
    Hope you're having a great Christmas this year